Category Archives: Anxiety
Back to school season is here. Children are getting ready to go back to school. Some are excited about it, but some are not so much. For the younger age’s group, some of them tend to have a hard time leaving their parents to school or they are anxious about school for a variety of reasons. School Phobia as know as School Refusal is children who have problems going to school or staying in school.
Here are some tips to help the children who are facing that issue.
- Self-help methods could provide relaxation to your child. Be open to new ideas
- Communicate with your about their feelings of school or in general
- Work with school staff for extra support or direction
- Schedule an informal meeting with your child’s teachers.
- Help your child to create hobbies and interests (Sports teams, Clubs, etc)
- Emphasize the positives about going to school. (Friends, New Materials, etc)
Most importantly, your children need your support to get through those situations. As long as they understand you will be there for them with their physical and mental supports.